List Price: unavailable
Sale Price: Too low to display.
Clinical Procedures in Emergency Medicine, by James R. Roberts, MD & Jerris R. Hedges, MD, MS, is far and away the most well-known and trusted procedures manual in emergency medicine. Completely updated with the latest equipment, devices, drug therapies, and techniques, this 5th edition enables you to make optimal use of today's best options. Online and in print, you'll see exactly how and when to perform every type of emergency procedure, so you can choose and implement the best possible approach for every patient!
- Provides over 1,700 detailed illustrations, 1,350 in full color, allowing you to visualize procedures clearly so you can perform them correctly.
- Explains not only how to perform each rocedure but also why, when, and what other procedures you should consider.
- Covers the latest equipment, devices, drug therapies, and techniques, including new devices for cricothyrotomy, monitoring CPR effectiveness, intraosseous infusion, autotransfusion and transfusion therapy, and wound closure.
- Incorporates coverage of ultrasound-guided procedures throughout the book to assist you in the use of these increasingly pervasive new techniques.
- Presents a new chapter on Chemical and Physical Restraints to facilitate management of violent or aggressive patients.
- Features a brand new full-color design together with all-new algorithms, illustrations, and tables for expedited reference and streamlined clinical decision making.
- Reflects the most recent clinical evidence and guidelines for dependable decision-making guidance.
- Includes online access via Expert Consult, allowing you to rapidly reference the book's complete contents from any computer. A perfect source for quick answers in your challenging, fast-paced field!
- Offers updated coverage of tracheal intubation and infectious exposure management, so you can make spilt-second decisions on these difficult procedures.
No features available.